Seasoned ground beef, refried beans, melty cheddar cheese sauce, diced tomatoes and sour cream atop crispy tortilla chips. Upgrade with steak and a side of guacamole.
Recipe Yield: 52 servings
| 3 1/2 qts
||Hot water (180°-190°F), divided
| 1 bag
||Foothill Farms® Cheese Sauce Instant Mix (#094T)
| 10 lb
| 1 bag
||Foothill Farms® Select Taco Seasoning Mix (#V413)
| 1 #10 can
| 3 1/4 lb
| 3 1/4 c
| 9 lb
||Tortilla chips (approx 16 chips per serving)
- Pour 1/2 gal hot water into mixing bowl or container. Pour contents of pouch (15.0 oz) into water while vigorously stirring with a wire whisk. Continue stirring until mix is completely dissolved and cheese sauce is smooth. Cover and let stand 3-5 minutes. Stir before using. Reserve warm.
- Brown 10 lbs. ground beef and drain excess fat. Combine 1 ½ qts hot water (180°-190°F) and contents of seasoning package (6.6 oz) in full-size steam table pan. Mix well. Add cooked meat and mix thoroughly. Cover and bake in 400ºF convection oven for 15-20 minutes; or until product reaches 180ºF. Reserve warm.
- Prepare refried beans according to package directions.
- For service: Arrange chips on serving plate. Layer 3 oz taco meat, 2 oz refried beans, 1/8 c cheese sauce, 1 oz tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Note: Can also use Foothill Farms Cheese Sauce Mix #088T and #105T. They are the same formula, just different pack size.
- To request a sample of Foothill Farms Cheese Sauce and Taco Seasoning Mixes, go to the About Us tab above and click on Contact Us. Be sure to mention where you saw the ad.