Potato & Cheese Soup
This rich potato and cheese soup is a classic in any restaurant. Pair this rich and creamy soup with a choice of half sandwich or small salad.
Recipe Yield: 43 1-cup servings
| 1 gal
||Hot water (180°-190°F)
| 1 bag
||Foothill Farms Special Blend Cheese Sauce Mix #7272
| 1 1/2 qts
||Chicken broth (can subsitute for water)
| 3 cups
| 4 cups
| 1 Tbsp
| 1 #10 can
||Diced potatoes, canned, drained, divided
| 1 cup
||Shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-qt mixing container pour in hot water. Add Cheese Sauce Mix into water while vigorously stirring with a wire whisk. Continue stirring until mix is dissolved and sauce is smooth. Add chicken broth to cheese sauce. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot, sauté celery and onions stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add cheese sauce mixture, garlic powder and half of the potatoes to pot. Stir to combined.
- In a separate container, mash the other half of the potatoes with potato masher or put in food processor to puree. Then add to pot.
- Add shredded cheese and simmer for 5 minutes or until serving temperature of 145F. Never boil.