Sweet Thai Chili Chicken with Asian Stir Fried Rice
9.75 oz provides 2 oz M/MA, 1/8 cup Red/Orange, 1/4 cup fruit, 1 oz eq whole grain
Recipe Yield: 124 9.75-oz servings
| 15 1/2 lb
||Diced chicken, fully cooked, IQF, 1/2" squares
| 1 gal
||Hot water (180°-190°F)
| 2 bags
||Foothill Farms® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce Mix (#V442)
| 6 2/5 lb
||Red peppers, raw, large chop
| 2 12/17 lb
||Onions, raw, large chop
| 2 #10 cans
||Pineapple chunks, canned, juice pack, drained
| 7 1/2 lb
||Rice, Brown, Long Grain, Parboiled
| 3 bags
||Foothill Farms® Asian Stir Fried Rice Seasoning (#S140)
| 10 1/2 qts
| 9 oz
- To prepare chicken: Thaw chicken in cooler overnight or until fully thawed.
- To prepare sauce: Pour 1 gal hot water into mixing container. Pour contents of both packages of Sauce Mix (14.1 oz each) into water while vigorously stirring with a wire whisk. Continue stirring until mix is dissolved and sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- Divide chicken, peppers and onions evenly among five steamtable pans. Pour sauce evenly over chicken, peppers and onions.
- Place in 350°F convection oven 15 - 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- To prepare rice: In three 2” full-size steam table pan, combine 3 ½ qts hot water, 2 ½ lb parboiled brown rice, contents of one Rice Seasoning (6.82 oz) packet and 3 oz butter (optional) to each pan. Stir well. Cover with foil or pan lid and bake in a 350°F conventional oven 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and stir well. Return to oven for approximately 10 more minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and place product in warming cabinet until served. Ensure that hot food is held at a temperature above 140°F.
- Serve 1/2 c Asian Stir Fried Rice with 6.25 oz Sweet Thai Chili Chicken.