Butternut Bourbon Tavern Flatbread
Crispy flatbread pizza is brushed with bourbon sauce, topped with roasted butternut squash, dried mission figs and goat cheese, baked then topped with fresh arugula and spinach. It’s a unique, tasty and sharable appetizer bursting with flavor.
Recipe Yield: 1 Pizza
| 1 qt
||Hot water (180°-190°F)
| 1 bag
||Foothill Farms® Bourbon Flavor Sauce Mix (#S075)
| 1 each
||RTU rectangle flatbread, 12” x 8”, 1/8” thick
| 1/2 C
||Butternut squash, small dice, roasted to soft
| 1/4 C
||Mission figs, dried, sliced crosswise into small rounds
| 1/4 C
||Goat cheese, crumbles
| 1 Tbsp
||Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
| 2 Tbsp
| 1 pinch
| 1 C
||Baby arugula, washed
| 1 C
||Baby spinach, washed
- Prepare Bourbon Sauce by pouring hot water into mixing container. Pour contents of Bourbon Sauce Mix (12.32 oz) into water while vigorously stirring with a wire whisk. Continue stirring until mix is dissolved and sauce is smooth.
- Evenly spread 4 Tbsp of prepared Bourbon Sauce over the flatbread, ensure the entire flatbread to outside edge is covered. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Evenly place butternut squash, mission figs and goat cheese over sauced flatbread.
- Bake in 350°F convection oven for 10 minutes. (Tip: Try cooking in a wood-fired oven.)
- While pizza is baking, prepare salad. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Toss with arugula and spinach. Set aside.
- Remove flatbread from oven. Drizzle 1 oz more Bourbon Sauce over the entire pizza (hint: may work best if sauce is placed in a squeeze bottle).
- Slice flatbread pizza into 8 (approx. 3” x 4”) square-shaped pieces.
- While keeping pizza intact, mound arugula/spinach salad on the center of the pizza.