Foothill Farms® Fajita Seasoning Mix is a zesty blend of authentic Mexican spices and seasonings for tasty fajitas. Make with beef, chicken, turkey or pork. The seasoning adds well-balanced flavor to meats and vegetables that's lively but not too spicy.
Maltodextrin, Salt, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Enzyme, Folic Acid), Onion Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Spice, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Sugar, Citric Acid, Caramel Color*, Soy Sauce (Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Soybean Oil, Paprika Extract, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).
*Contributes 26 ppm sulfites per 100 g as packaged.
Directions For Use
1. Heat ½ cup vegetable oil in a large skillet. Sauté 3 lbs. of sliced onions and 2 ½ lbs. of sliced bell peppers until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside. (Optional: sauté 2-1/2 lbs. of tomato wedges with onions and peppers.)
2. Sear 7 lbs. of sliced sirloin steak (or 8 lbs. sliced chicken) in same skillet.
3. Drain pan juices from skillet into measuring cup. Add enough water to pan juices to make 2 cups liquid. Return liquid to skillet.
4. Add contents of one bag (8.9 oz) of Foothill Farms® Fajita Seasoning Mix to skillet and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in reserved sautéed vegetables, heat thoroughly and serve.
Marinade: Add contents of package (8.9 oz) to 3 qts. cool water and 2 cups lemon juice or white distilled vinegar. Mix well. Divide marinade into two equal portions. Combine half of the marinade with 7 lbs. of sirloin steak (or 8 lbs. chicken). Cover and refrigerate overnight. Store the remaining marinade in refrigerator in separate covered container. Remove from refrigerator, drain meat and discard marinade. Grill meat. Let set several minutes to allow the juices to distribute and slice. In a large skillet, combine grilled meat with sautéed vegetables (see step one on above directions). Add remaining marinade, heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
66 – 3.0 oz prepared servings fajita filling per pouch
396 - 3.0 oz prepared servings fajita filling per case
|Storage Temp:||75° F|
|Pack:||6 / 8.9 OZ|
|Gross Case Weight:||3.90 LB|
|Net Case Weight:||3.34 LB|
|Case Height:||6.13 IN|
|Case Width:||6.81 IN|
|Case Length:||6.13 IN|
|Case Cube:||0.22 CF|
Prior to reconstitution, this product will be stable for up to one year when stored unopened in a cool, dry place.
Product contains soybeans or soybeans by products
Product contains wheat or wheat by products
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 10||Calories from Fat 0|
|Per Serving||Per 0 0||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0 g||g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0 g||g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||mg||0%|
|Sodium 280 mg||mg||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2 g||g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||g||0%|
|Sugars 0 g||g|
|Protein 0 g||g|
|Per Serving||Per 0 0|| ||Per Serving||Per 0 0|
|Vitamin A 2 %||0 %||•||Vitamin C 0 %||0 %|
|Calcium 0 %||0 %||•||Iron 2 %||0|
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:|
|Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4|